Live Your Dream Program
Live Your Dream Awards
Applications due: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2019
The Soroptimist "Live Your Dream Award" assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible.
What does a winner receive?
- Women who are currently enrolled in a vocational/skills program or undergraduate degree program
- Must not have a graduate degree
- Must provide the primary financial support for themselves and their dependents
- Cannot have previously been awarded a Women's Opportunity Award or a Live Your Dream award
- Applications will be accepted online until Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018
Awards may be up to $3,000! Last year, awards were granted to two winners for $1,500 and $2,000 each.
- Winners receive cash awards that can be used toward any expense (Past winners have used their award funds for car repairs, travel, child care, tuition, books, and more. Winners can use the money for anything they want.)
About the Live Your Dream Award
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, millions of dollars in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families! The Live Your Dream Awards involves three levels of cash awards which can be used for any of your expenses, not restricted to tuition and books.
- Program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level
- Local-level award recipients become eligible for region-level awards
- Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards
How to apply
All scholarship applications must be submitted online. Please allow extra time in order to complete the application correctly as this is the first year using an online-only application process.
Follow these steps to apply:
1. Enter your zip code and select where to send your application for local judging. Be sure to select The San Tans to apply for our club's award.
2. Create an account for our application portal.
3. Activate your account via a confirmation link sent by email.
4. Complete our Eligibility Checklist.
5. Enter your contact information and application responses.
6. Request two references from people who aren't related to you (we recommend people you know from an education or work setting). In order to complete the application, your references must be submitted.
7. Submit your completed application.